New port gitsome

Danilo G. Baio (dbaio) dbaio at bsd.com.br
Sat Feb 25 18:13:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 08:24:54PM -0300, Danilo G. Baio (dbaio) wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:00:55PM +0000, Ben Woods wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 at 6:52 pm, Danilo G. Baio (dbaio) <dbaio at bsd.com.br>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I am working on a new port for gitsome[1] which depends on python:3.4-3.5.

[snip]

> > Hi Danilo,
> >
> > Apologies in the delay in getting back to you.
> >
> > Yes, at the moment that is the only way to get a port working which depends
> > on multiple python3 ports.
> >
> > Bapt is working on bringing "flavours" to the ports tree, which will allow
> > each python port to be built multiple times with python2 and python3,
> > therefore satisfying your dependencies.
> >
> > However, it is probably not have in the next week or so, so you should go
> > ahead and make the py3- versions of those ports. It is easy to find and
> > revert them once flavours exist anyway :)
> >
> > Before we commit all of those new py3- ports, please make sure you have
> > tested that it all successfully builds to provide a working gitsome.... we
> > don't want to commit them and find out they were not needed after all :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ben
> > --
> >
> > --
> > From: Benjamin Woods
> > woodsb02 at gmail.com
>
> Hi Ben.
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> Ok then, I will work on this and submit it to bugzilla and also I will test it
> on poudriere for making sure it's all needed.

Hi Ben and others.

One last question... What is the recommendation here?

Thinking about creating two PR's.

One PR for gitsome and another PR for all dependencies together, CC'ing all involved.

The default changes in all ports are just for preparing them to be a master port.

Exceptions:

devel/py-ply/Makefile (also take maintainer'ship)
textproc/py-pystemmer (also take maintainer'ship)
textproc/py-snowballstemmer (also use options helpers)

Tree of dependencies (new ports needed):

-misc/py-gitsome

[1]   textproc/py3-numpydoc
[2]      textproc/py3-sphinx
[3]         textproc/py3-docutils
[3]         devel/py3-six *
[3]         textproc/py3-sphinx_rtd_theme
[3]         textproc/py3-alabaster
[3]         textproc/py3-snowballstemmer
[4]            textproc/py3-pystemmer
[3]         graphics/py3-imagesize
[1]   devel/py3-ply
[1]   devel/py3-prompt_toolkit
[2]      devel/py3-wcwidth
[1]   devel/py3-colorama
[1]   textproc/py3-pygments
[1]   textproc/py3-feedparser
[1]   devel/py3-docopt
[1]   net/py3-uritemplate

* Needed also on devel/py3-prompt_toolkit.

They are all direct dependencies to run or build another port.

I am setting me as maintainer of these new ports to not let "trouble" for others.
Remembering that soon all these ports will be un-necessary.

Patches are here (feedbacks are welcome):
http://dbaio.bs2cloud.com.br/FreeBSD/misc_py-gitsome.patch
http://dbaio.bs2cloud.com.br/FreeBSD/misc_py-gitsome__py3-dependencies.patch

For whom is interested in the build logs, more info here:
http://dbaio.bs2cloud.com.br/FreeBSD/misc_py-gitsome__build_log.txt

Screenshot in a clean instance from DigitalOcean:
http://dbaio.bs2cloud.com.br/FreeBSD/misc_py-gitsome__avatar_scrot.png

Regards.

--
Danilo G. Baio (dbaio)