Fwd: 2017-02-18 Update to Qt 4 and Qt 5

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 17:50:19 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 3:25 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Robert Burmeister <Robert.Burmeister at UToledo.edu> writes:
>
> > kde at FreeBSD.org is not accepting mail
> >
> >>  UPDATING
> >>  Following what is already done in Qt 5, the Qt 4 ports no longer
> install
> >>  their binaries into ${LOCALBASE}/bin (which is "/usr/local/bin" in most
> >>  cases). Additionally, the "-qt4" suffix has been dropped from the file
> names
> >>  of the binaries that had it, such as "qmake-qt4".
> >>

> > Could we have portupgrade instructions?
>
> We'd be more than glad to add those if someone can provide them; I have
> not used portupgrade myself since at least 2009, so it's hard for me to
> provide any instructions.
>
> > Neither QT4 nor QT5 will build on my FreeBSD 11 i386 system.
>
> Can you clarify? What errors are you seeing?

I can't help on portupgrade. but for portmaster, here is a start:
# pkg delete -f qt4-qmake qt4-rcc qt4-clucene qt4-webkit-4.8.7
qt4-linguisttools qt5-qmake dbus-qt5
# portmaster qt4- qt5-

My update is still working on qt4-assistant, ATM, and the huge webkit build
is just starting. All of the qt5 stuff comes next, so the list is likely
not complete. I'll post an update if this finishes before I have to leave
in a couple of hours.

I suspect that the same package deletions are required for portupgrade.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com