FreeBSD Port: libc -208080

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 19 14:31:56 UTC 2017

On 19 Feb 2017, at 14:18, Nathaniel Braun <nathaniel.braun at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to use the new variant class from C++17 on my FreeBSD machine.
>
> I think that this class is available in LibC++ right now, but I did not succeed in using it using the devel/libc++ port.
>
> Would you know how to do that?

Don't use the devel/libc++ port, it is pretty much outdated.  It was
only created as a stopgap measure, and should really be deleted now that
FreeBSD 9.x is EOL.

In any case, at the moment, no released version of FreeBSD has a version
of libc++ new enough to support std::variant.  We are working on
importing clang and libc++ 4.0.0, in the projects/clang400-import
branch.  This version has std::variant support.

I expect this branch to be merged to FreeBSD 12 in a few weeks, then
merged to FreeBSD 11 at least a month later.

-Dimitry