radeon GL woes

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sun Feb 19 09:04:27 UTC 2017

On 18/02/2017 19:15, Russell L. Carter wrote:
> Any ideas?

First I made sure that I had the latest x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati by
refetching ports (and then cd /usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati &&
make install)

I had to reboot, then become root, then do this:

kldload radeonkms

Then I ran kldstat, noticed the three radeon things it had loaded, took
off the dot and everything after in the names, and appended _load="YES"
to them all in /boot/loader.conf and rebooted, then started X (I use xinit).

This is without any xorg.conf

hope this helps,
--
J.