MariaDB 10.1 includes sqlite3??

scratch65535 at att.net scratch65535 at att.net
Mon Feb 13 15:27:01 UTC 2017

[Default] On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 15:02:13 +0100, Christian Ullrich
<chris at chrullrich.net> wrote:

>* scratch65535 at att.net wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a clue as to why sqlite3 is now being installed
>> with MariaDB 10.1?  The mariadb site doesn't mention it, as far
>
>Because you have set your ports options in such a way that the MariaDB
>port depends on something (that depends on something)* that in turn
>depends on SQLite. databases/mariadb101-server itself does not have, nor
>can it be configured to have, a dependency on databases/sqlite3.
>
>Installing this one port brings in 41 more as dependencies (on my system
>as of right now), so there are plenty of chances for something to use
>SQLite.
>
>Also, since your question is not clear on whether you mean SQLite is
>installed as part of the port or separately, the port does not install
>any files that might indicate the presence of an internal copy of SQLite.

I've never set ports options at all.  I just do generic installs,
whenever I'm forced to use ports rather than packages.

MariaDB 10.1 was and should still be a standalone installand with
no dependencies at all.  So to see config-recursive pop up config
screens for sqlite, tcl, and other stuff that has no logical
connection to MariaDB at all is disconcerting to say the least.