devel/check

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 06:43:58 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Andy Farkas <andyf at andyit.com.au> wrote:

> On 12/02/2017 09:24, RW via freebsd-ports wrote:
>
> It doesn't, pkg-delete is just the documentation for "pkg delete".
>>

> My proposal is that the man page for pkg(8) should state this.
>
> -andyf

First, the pkg(8) page should explicitly state that there are man pages for
each pkg command.  Since this is NOT a typical FreeBSD practice, it is a
POLA violation to not make it clear.

Second, the '-f' option does delete libcheck. Does installing devel/check
cleanly fix up unresolved dependencies? If not, use of -o is the right
answer. I'll admit that I m not sure.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com