CFT upgrade to xorg 1.18.4 and newer intel/ati DDX

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Feb 9 17:04:04 UTC 2017

On 01/24/17 00:55, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a call for testing for newer Xorg along with newer drivers: intel and
> ati.

Hello.
Thanks for your work.

I'm willing to test this, since I'm experiencing frequent X lock ups on
an Intel-based laptop.

I applied your patch to my port tree and added the following to my
poudriere's build list:
x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati (this is for another PC)
x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard
x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel

However xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse fail with:
> checking for asprintf... (cached) yes
> checking for XORG... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.7 xproto inputproto) were not met:
>
> Package dri3proto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dri3proto.pc'
> Package 'dri3proto', required by 'xorg-server', not found
>

> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
> and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

I had never built these ports with poudriere before and they build
manually, so I'm not saying these patches are the culprit... I'm just
quite new to poudriere and looking for hints.

Thanks for any pointer.

  bye
	av.