Install of pkg fuse-ntfs fails because of undefined symbol in pkg!?!

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 9 15:21:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 02/09/2017 03:55, Franco Fichtner wrote:

>> On 9 Feb 2017, at 9:49 AM, Kirill Ponomarev <kp at krion.cc> wrote:
>>
>> I don't understand all critics I see in this thread and in your mail,
>> the fate of this project is all in your hands - try to contribute more,
>
> I'm going to stop you right there.
>
> That's not entirely true.  Too few committers, substantial lack of
> maintainer feedback, apparently no mentors to pick up newcomers, and
> worst of all no newcomers.

I'm currently mentoring or co-mentoring 5 people. I've done everything
else I can to encourage others to mentor, I think. If you have
suggestions of someone who needs mentoring, let us know and we can try
to find a mentor.

There's nothing we can do about lack of maintainer feedback except reset
maintainers. But keep in mind that lack of maintainer feedback shouldn't
be an issue, we can commit changes after maintainer feedback timeout.

> Decide for yourself which of these are true and which are self-made
> due to project management policies.

What policies do you think need to be changed and in what specific ways?

Steve