ports and dependency hell

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Wed Feb 8 13:35:01 UTC 2017

On 02/08/17 03:03, Julian Elischer wrote:
> [...]
> I'm discouraged to not hear back from any of the ports 'committee'.
> [...]
Possibly because this has been the topic of a number of rancorous
mail threads in the last few months already, and everybody is
fatigued.  What there *hasn't* been is a consensus on what to do
about it.  And with all respect perhaps that's inevitable in a
vibrant and active open-source project run entirely by volunteers.
I wish I could omnisciently propound the right thing to do(tm)
so persuasively that everybody would immediately set to work on
it.  But I can't, even in my own overactive imagination.   -- George