archivers/py-borgbackup

Russell L. Carter rcarter at pinyon.org
Sat Feb 4 21:40:07 UTC 2017

On 02/04/17 13:21, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 12:56:02PM -0700, Russell L. Carter wrote:
>> So... how do I build archivers/py-borgbackup with poudriere on a
>> system that needs 2.7 as default?
>
> You can use poudriere's '-z' flag to build a new SET, with python 3 as
> the default version of Python.
>
> The target system can then manually install py3-borgbackup and its
> dependencies from that SET repository.
>
> Checkout the CUSTOMISATION section of the poudriere man page for details
> on how to use a different make.conf for a SET.
>
> Hope this helps,

Hmm.  More maintenance complexification.  After thinking about it, I
don't want to explore using py-borgbackup enough to put up with its
installation complications.

I know nothing about python.  Is this multiple SET repo technique
going to be the migration path to 3.x in the future?  If so, what does
it mean to have a whole ecosystem of python 2.7 ports installed, and
then overlay a SET of default python 3.5+ ports?  That is going to
have to work, right?

Thanks,
Russell