Galera Cluster Packages and Support for FreeBSD are Now Available From Codership
felix at userspace.com.au
Wed Feb 1 17:50:08 UTC 2017
On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 09:07:34AM +0800, Ganbold Tsagaankhuu wrote:
> As Steven asked earlier, do you have support or binary package available
> for FreeBSD 11.0 or later ?
I am currently implementing a proof-of-concept running two galera nodes
and one garb node (no db, just for quorum) on FreeBSD 11.
I had to build the packages from
http://github.com/codership/freebsd-ports but even then I had to make a
few changes which, if I have time, I will submit a pull request. Just
some of the findings so far:
- It all seems to build okay with clang.
- The garbd arbitrator was not in the package.
- A number of required dependencies were not listed in the packages.
- You will probably need to write your own rc scripts.
- There doesn't seem to be any man pages.
- I did not use the mysql56-server package which is in the repo but
instead used the FreeBSD mariadb101-server package which already has
the patches needed.
But so far I seem to be able to create a small cluster and add and
remove nodes without too much trouble. See what happens.
More information about the freebsd-ports