powerpc64: graphics/mesa-dri fails to build because "ImportError: No module named mako.template"

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 30 09:09:07 UTC 2017

Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> writes:

> [I experiment with system clang based powerpc64 and powerpc
> builds. For powerpc64, linking pkg requires using a ports
> binutils instead of the system binutils. This blocks using
> poudriere. So portmaster is in use here.]

Would be nice if you cheat by replacing /usr/bin/ld instead.
portmaster may miss some issues due to building in a dirty environment.

> On 2017-Dec-29, at 11:36 PM, Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:
>
>> gmake[5]: Entering directory '/wrkdirs/usr/ports/graphics/mesa-dri/work/mesa-17.3.1/src/amd/vulkan'
>> python2.7 ./radv_entrypoints_gen.py \
>> 	--xml ../../../src/vulkan/registry/vk.xml --outdir .
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "./radv_entrypoints_gen.py", line 30, in <module>
>>    from mako.template import Template
>> ImportError: No module named mako.template

Fixed by https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/457591
Vulkan drivers always need py-mako since Mesa 17.3 but I didn't
try building only radv (either anv + radv or none).

> freshports indicated:
>
> 	• py27-mako>0 : textproc/py-mako at py27
>
> as a build dependency but portmaster did not
> try to create a textproc/py-mako at py27 on
> its own.

freshports generates dependency list on amd64 but radv was also
built on powerpc*.