Canberra

Sid sid at bsdmail.com
Tue Dec 26 10:48:48 UTC 2017

That Makefile becomes simple. It put pulseaudio options and gstreamer1 options from audio/libcanberra-gtk3 into libcanberra. All gtk references from audio/libcanberra were removed, only after references to gtk3 in libcanberra-gtk3 were removed.

That being said. I haven't tried using both original libcanberra and libcanberra-gtk3 with removing all gtk references from both. I haven't tested this yet, but gtk3 from libcanberra can only be disabled, if gtk references from libcanberra-gtk3 are removed. (This was accomplished in the Makefile I sent, but that was in one file, instead of two.)

"
do-build:
        cd ${WRKSRC} && ${GMAKE} libcanberra-gtk3.pc
        cd ${WRKSRC}/src && ${GMAKE} libcanberra-gtk3.la
        cd ${WRKSRC}/src && ${GMAKE} libcanberra-gtk3-module.la

do-install:
        ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/libcanberra-gtk3.pc \
                ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/libdata/pkgconfig/
.for i in .so .so.0 .so.0.1.9
        ${INSTALL_LIB} ${WRKSRC}/src/.libs/libcanberra-gtk3${i} \
                ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/lib/
.endfor
        cd ${WRKSRC}/src && env DESTDIR=${STAGEDIR} ${GMAKE} install-gtk3moduleLTLIBRARIES
        ${LN} -sf libcanberra-gtk3-module.so \
                ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/lib/gtk-3.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so
"
This part in libcanberra-gtk3 forces libcanberra to conditionally enable gtk3. As you can see, the Makefiles enable various libraries from the source code. pulseaudio and gstreamer can build without gtk3.

>> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Sid <sid at bsdmail.com> wrote:

>> > blubee blubeeme; Sun Dec 24 06:31:00 UTC 2017
>>
>> > If you wrote that makefile that removes all the gtk stuff, you can either
>> > try to get it to Marcus and see if he's
>> > willing to use that.
>>
>> > If you'd like me to work on the OSS audio portion, drop me that Makefile
>> > and I'll look at it in a bit.
>>
>> This one just uses libcaberra/Makefile, and removes the inclusion of
>> libcanberra-gtk3/Makefile, which requires gtk3. It takes the options for
>> gstreamer1 and pulseaudio and includes them from this file. gtk2 and gtk3
>> references were removed.
>>
>> Now more ports that ask for libcanberra-gtk3 require it. I haven't tested
>> removing references to pkg and sourcecode of libcanberra-gtk from those
>> ports' source code. It would be better to have a drop in replacement.
>>
>> It depends on what the Makefile is instructed to build to get basic
>> libcanberra.so. Optionally, gstreamer1 and pulseaudio can be split into its
>> own port as libcanberra-plugins.
>>
>> Here's my Makefile -->
>> ..

>Thanks for the makefile, I'll set it up in a jail and work on it.
You're welcome. Thanks for testing it out.