Vote: making wayland=on default

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Dec 21 12:44:14 UTC 2017

On 12/20/17 23:21, roberthuff at rcn.com wrote:

First off, I'm not trying to bring up any flame... my questions are real
and I'd really welcome good answers.

> Yuri writes:
>
>>   It appears that this is the case of fixing of something (xorg)
>>   that wasn't/isn't broken in the first place. And if it is
>>   considered broken, then how, in which way?

I have the same questions Yuri has... I've always seen Wayland
enthusiasts saying they can't stand X11 no more, but I've never seen
them explain what's wrong with it.
N.B. I'm not implying nothing is wrong, I just wish they explained their
point.

> 	You ask "Is it broken?".
> 	I ask "Is there a better way?"
> 	I think of X the same way.

Fine, I agree with this.
So, in what ways is Wayland better?

That said, I have nothing against having Wayland support by default.
I'm still ssh-ing into remote boxes to run graphical applications and I
don't want to see this go away... but I read this is not going to happen
(yet?), so it's fine to me.

  bye
	av.