Vote: making wayland=on default

net at arrishq.net net at arrishq.net
Wed Dec 20 19:56:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Johannes Lundberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> Personally I see no reason not to make it default on, even with
> flavors coming up. For any Desktop user (as well as embedded devices
> like IVI-systems and whatnot), Wayland is the future. There's no
> escaping that.

and why does everyone think a Unix should be run on a desktop only ?
And the "future", well, lot of companies are going to say "Cloud first"
;) is the future so the next thing-of-the-day will replace the
today-thing-of-the-day to add what's required then and we're busy
replacing things with the newest shiny technology because someone has to
re-invent the wheel another time.

Personally I don't see much problems rebuilding some ports if I really
want Wayland, but as long as some apps run on some RasPi's and embedded
devices without a display using plain X11 is the way and Wayland adds just
overhead.

Sure, that's my usage way and maybe 99% of all others have different
opions.

---
Sent from my iP..., nah, sent from my coffee machine