Flavor or not for this port?

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sun Dec 17 09:12:59 UTC 2017

Am 02.11.2017 um 07:41 schrieb Rainer Hurling:
> Am 02.11.2017 um 07:13 schrieb L.Bartoletti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to take x11-toolkits/qwt{5,6}-*
>>
>> Both are built for Qt4. I especially need qwt6 for Qt5. Since we have
>> flavors. Is it better to add a Qt5 flavor for Qwt6 or simply add a
>> x11-toolkits/qwt6-qt5 (like security/qtkeychain-qt{4,5} ?)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Loïc
>

> Hi Loïc,
>
> Thanks for your dedication. I am very interested in a qwt6-qt5 port,
> since it is needed for the upcoming version 3.0 of graphics/qgis :)
>
> Sorry for my inexperience. In case of adding the qwt6-qt5 as a flavor,
> should we expect any change or restriction in the way, it would be used
> as a dependency of e.g. QGIS?
>
> Thanks for any answer.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rainer

Hi Loïc,

Again about x11-toolkits/qwt{5,6}-*

Now, that we have our first real world experiences with FLAVORS, it
seems to be functional to use flavors in this context. Something like

x11-toolkits/qwt6 at qt4
x11-toolkits/qwt6 at qt5

A bit tricky could be, that USE_QT* are different in both cases:

USE_QT4= corelib gui opengl svg xml moc_build
USE_QT5= core gui opengl svg xml printsupport qmake_build widgets

What do you think?

Best wishes,
Rainer