Linux ports tutorial? WPS Office

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 16 17:05:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 18:27:10 -0500 Pedro Giffuni <pfg at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> The port still doesn't work:
> - It appears it wants to use a old version of libpng that is not in our
> centos7.
> - USE_RPM doesn't install anything, it seems like we are missing support
> for non-base RPMs.
>
> I think I'll bail on this port, it requires some packaging-foo that I
> don't want to spend time on.
>
> I'll leave my WIP here, for someone else to play with it:
>
> https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/ports/linux-wps-office.tgz

USE_LINUX_RPM is only for Linux infrastructure ports.  You should remove
that and add your own do-install.  You also need NO_WRKSUBDIR=yes and
PLIST_SUB=LINUXBASE=${LINUXBASE}.

The do-install target should copy WRKSRC/opt and WRKSRC/usr/bin to
${STAGEDIR}${LINUXBASE}.  WRKSRC/etc and WRKSRC/usr/share look like
they should go to ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}.

Then you also need to add startup scripts for et, wpp and wps containing
something like this:

#! /bin/sh
exec /compat/linux/bin/sh /usr/bin/et "$@"

And let do-install copy them to ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX/bin.

You also need to replace /usr/bin with ${PREFIX} in .desktop files.

I would also add -office to PORTNAME and remove PKGNAMESUFFIX.

The old libpng it is looking for is in CentOS 6, so USES=linux:c7 won't
work.  For now it's best to simply use USES=linux.