Can we have multiple flavors for a port?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 16 13:51:46 UTC 2017

I have a review up to add a USES=django --
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12592 which I'm now modifying to be FLAVORS
compatible given that has hit the tree.

Now, we currently have ports for 4 different versions of django (1.8,
1.10, 1.11, 2.0) and the obvious next move is to add django-based
flavouring.  Currently, most django ports depend on django-1.8, with a
few depending on django-1.10, but this I think is mostly due to inertia
and django ports should be compatible with more recent versions.  Having
four different versions of django in ports seems excessive -- so, for
the sake of argument I'd cut that down to just django-1.11 and django-2.0

But this is all python code, and the python flavouring would also apply...

Given that django-2.0 requires python-3.5+ we end up with the following
combinations:

   py27 django111
   py36 django111
   py36 django20

and there's some 104 django ports which will mostly end up needing all
three of these variants built -- so as combinatorial explosions go, it's
not particularly earth-shattering.

However, my questions are:

  - Is it possible or desirable to have multiple flavourings like this?

  - If so, what should the syntax look like for specifying a particular
combination?  eg. www/py-django-mezzanine at py27+django111 ?

	Cheers,

	Matthew