new portmaster fails to build devel/py-libzfs at py36 because of failing cython

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 15 13:25:31 UTC 2017

Am 15.12.17 um 11:21 schrieb Kubilay Kocak:
> On 15/12/2017 8:50 pm, Johan Hendriks wrote:
>> Hello all.
>
> Hi Johan
>
>> First of all thank you for the update of portmaster, much appreciated.
>>
>> When i am updating my ports, portmaster fails with the following error.
>>
>> ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
>> ===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies
>> ===>>> Gathering dependency list for lang/cython at py36 from ports
>> ===>>> Dependency check complete for lang/cython at py36
>>
>> ===>>> devel/py-libzfs at py36 1/10 >> lang/cython at py36 (1/1)
>>
>> ===>  Installing for py36-cython-0.26
>> ===>  Checking if py36-cython already installed
>> ===>   Registering installation for py36-cython-0.26 as automatic
>> Installing py36-cython-0.26...
>> pkg-static: py36-cython-0.26 conflicts with cython3-0.26 (installs files
>
> notice the reference to cython3 here -----------^
>
> lang/cython and lang/cython3 use to both exist, one for python2, the
> other for python3.
>
> lang/cython3 was recently deleted, since lang/cython now supports
> multiple concurrent installations with different python versions.
>
> pkg delete cython3, then go again.
>
> Let us know how it goes

Well, actually portmaster is expected to deal with that conversion of the
cython3 port.

I have tested the upgrade of individual ports and of all ports that are
either back-level or where the ORIGIN changed (as in the case of this
particular port).

Hmmm, now I see what's the problem: The package name seems to have been
changed during the conversion to a flavored port (from "cython3-0.26.tbz"
to "py36-cython-0.26.tar.bz"). This is not typical of ports that use
flavors now, in general they generate packages under the same name as the
non-flavored port did.

I have to see, whether I can easily detect this case - the current logic
that distinguishes between fresh installs and re-installs does not see
that the old version needs to be deleted before installing the new one.

For now the advice to manually delete the cython3 port is right and will
let you install the new version.

Regards, STefan