portmaster with FLAVOR support available for testing

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 15 13:16:37 UTC 2017

Am 15.12.17 um 13:36 schrieb Walter Schwarzenfeld:
> I try to install py27-qt5-core and py35-qt5-core in the port, get:
>
> ===>   Registering installation for py35-qt5-core-5.7.1
> Installing py35-qt5-core-5.7.1...
> pkg-static: py35-qt5-core-5.7.1 conflicts with py27-qt5-core-5.7.1 (installs
> files into the same place).  Problematic file:
> /usr/local/share/py-sip/PyQt5/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip
> *** Error code 70
>
> It is the question is it a problem of the port or portmaster ? (or both?)

Hi Walter,

this appears to be a restriction of the port. It puts files into
${PYTHON_SITELIBDIR}, which depends on the Python version, but also
into ${PREFIX}/share/py-sip/PyQt5/QtCore/ independently of the Python
version.

If you want to test, whether portmaster plays a role, you can just
build and install the port directly.

You'll see, that the same message is printed and that portmaster is
not part of the problem ;-)

Gruß aus Köln, STefan