OSS Audio

Sid sid at bsdmail.com
Fri Dec 15 01:26:16 UTC 2017

> blubee blubeeme - Tue Dec 5 00:48:05 UTC 2017

> If I can provide OSS audio/midi input and output for the tools that I use,
> then I can do all the routing natively with OSS.

A problem with this is FreeBSD's backend sound architecture allows one device input or output at a time.
cat /dev/sndstat shows this, which I believe is OSS. There is sndio's backend sndiod (from OpenBSD) that can alternatively be enabled, but I hear the volume on it is too low, and I'm not sure if it allows multiple devices. sndiod's backend can be enabled by service sndiod start: it is in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/.