Linux ports tutorial? WPS Office

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 14 03:27:19 UTC 2017

Hello;

On 13/12/2017 21:11, Chris H wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 19:56:24 -0500 "Pedro Giffuni" <pfg at FreeBSD.org> said

>> in the
>> > handbook.

>> for i386
>> > and amd64?

>> > Just have "USES=linux", "USE_LINUX_RPM=yes" and make these two files
>> > pkg-plist.i386 and pkg-plist.amd64
>> > and they are used automatically. Or you could duplicate a magic from
>> > /ports/Mk/Uses/linux.mk in your Makefile:
>> >
>> > PLIST?= ${PKGDIR}/pkg-plist.${LINUX_ARCH:S/x86_64/amd64/}
>> >
>> > For details, read Porter's Handbook:
>> > https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/
>> >

>> The handbook has no information about "USE_LINUX_RPM=yes".
>> If I set that it appears the ports framework will ignore MASTER_SITES.
>>
>> Should I dig into the MK framework to see how to change the
>> repository or should I use the .tar.xz distribution instead? :(.
> I'm not sure. But would having a look at the way
> emulators/linux_base-c(6|7)
> provide some clues?

Not really but I think I found something in Mk/Uses/linux.mk:

For the case of USE_LINUX_RPM it is supposed to not do anything when
MASTER_SITES is defined but it is somewhat messy, and somehow it always
uses ${MASTER_SITE_CENTOS_LINUX}. Any port that uses RPM but not the
Centos repositories?

> Just a thought, and hope it helps!

Thanks, I just have to keep digging :(.

Pedro.