portmaster with FLAVOR support available for testing

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 23:59:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Stefan Esser <se at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I have created a new version of portmaster with FLAVOR support.
>
> Before committing the changes to the ports repository, I'd like to receive
> some feedback from users.
>
> My tests have only covered port upgrades, not any of the other features
> offered by portmaster. In fact, I'd like to remove several of the other
> features, which may have been of use before PKG_NG (e.g. functions that
> use the INDEX file, and in fact also the -P/-PP/--packages-* features).

 I agree that removal of the broken -P and -PP options is a good thing, but
deleting the INDEX will break the valuable --clean-distfiles option. AFAIK,
that is the reason that they are there.

If you replace the index with data from the pkgdb, then it's OK. I'll have
to look at the schema to see it that is available. I somehow don't think it
is, but I have not looked at it for a while.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com