lang/python2 and 3 uninstallable on CURRENT @r326056

Chris H portmaster at BSDforge.com
Wed Dec 13 21:29:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:19:52 +0100 "Walter Schwarzenfeld" <w.schwarzenfeld at utanet.at> said

> python27 Makefile:
>
> .if !exists(/usr/bin/ypcat) || defined(WITHOUT_NIS)
>         @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's/disabled_module_list =[^]]*/&,
> "nis"/' \
>                 ${WRKSRC}/setup.py
> .endif
>
> you can try comment out the line with .if and .endif.
Thank you Walter, you're a rock star! :-)
I found a similar solution they applied to NetBSD. Because it builds
without yp/nis by default. I *almost* added that to the files/ folder
in the port. But didn't want to pollute my pristine ports tree.
But it looks like a *real* good candidate for posting to bugzilla
for lang/python :-)
I've already opened a bug regarding my trouble. So I'll offer this
there -- with due credit, of course. :-)

Thanks again, Walter! I *really* appreciate your taking the time to
help!

--Chris