Procmail Vulnerabilities check

Christoph Brinkhaus c.brinkhaus at t-online.de
Wed Dec 13 17:27:11 UTC 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 11:35:55AM +0100, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> On 8-12-2017 17:58, Warren Block wrote:
> > procmail is ancient, and has had known quality issues for much of the
> > time.  Consider maildrop as a more powerful and more maintained
> > replacement that is pretty easy to implement:
> I know - but I can remember that procmail should be installed also when
> using Postfix.
> Might be wrong here...

Dear Joe,

I have replaced procmail by maildrop recently using it with Postfix.
There has been just one single obstacle. I run fetchmail as suer
fetchmail started with the entry in /etc/rc.conf. The mails have been
delivered to Postfix which involked procmail to distribute the mail.

With maildrop this did not work initially. Adding the user fetchmail
to /etc/aliases with a proper alias address followed by the command
newaliases fixed that.

Kind regards,
Christoph