FreeBSD Port: php72-7.2.0 : trouble with lang/php72 & libargon2

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Tue Dec 12 17:30:33 UTC 2017

On 12/12/17 10:26, Oliver Schonrock wrote:
> I will wait for that libargon2 patch to be committed to svn.ports and
> then retest on the "haswell" poudriere server to see if I can get it to
> build "sandybridge" (and bdver3) compat binaries....

Rebuilt after port commit and all good on deps:

# pkg check -d
Checking all packages: 100%

Thanks all.

As for my mystery "Invalid Instruction" error. Well it disappeared on
one machine after update and on the other it just would not budge. I DID
NOT put CPUTYPE into make.conf, since that was clearly not required for
the first machine.

The second machine (running in a VM on the same host as the first), did
not want to play ball at all. So I rebuilt it from scratch and now it's
fine, using my poudriere built packages.

Mystery unsolved, best guess: the pcre (or some other) lib was corrupt,
because I md5'd php72 and libargon2 binaries and they were identical
across the 2 VMs, one working one not.

It would have worried me that I needed CPUTYPE, because the beefy* etc
boxes who build the central repos are not running my CPUTYPE either...?!

Thanks all for your help. Learned a lot again.

--
Oliver Schönrock
email    : oliver at schonrocks.com