FreeBSD Port: php72-7.2.0 : trouble with lang/php72 & libargon2

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Tue Dec 12 00:29:34 UTC 2017

On 11/12/17 23:41, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:32:08PM +0000 I heard the voice of
> Oliver Schonrock, and lo! it spake thus:
>> and it solves my issue as well.  Don't think the CPUTYPE stuff comes
>> into it.
> Well, maybe.  From your mail, though, it looks like you did that
> testing by rebuilding/installing the ports _on the local machine_,
> rather than rebuilding in poudriere.  If the poudriere box was
> building binaries with instructions not in your local machine, that
> local build would bypass that issue, so it may still be there.
> "Illegal instruction" seems like an odd presentation for "missing
> file".

It's a good point, I get ya. You're right, I did not retest the
poudriere build.

The Poudriere machine has a:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130T: Haswell (4th gen)

The machine that is throwing the "Illegal instruction" error, is a
VirtualBox VM running on an:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU: Sandy Bridge (2nd gen)

Our production machines are all:
CPU: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4386: "Seoul" (32 nm)

Ideally I would like to be able to use the packages built by the i3-4130
machine to run without hitches across all 3 CPU types, while still
taking advantage of their features for openssl/TLS, etc.

What would be a good CPUTYPE line for make.conf?

I am non-the-wiser from the docs in /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf

--
Oliver Schönrock
Mobile   : +44 7880 617 446
email    : oliver at schonrocks.com