What is the preferred MASTER_SITES for python port?

Chris H portmaster at BSDforge.com
Mon Dec 11 18:09:52 UTC 2017

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 20:46:43 +0300 "Sergey Akhmatov" <sergey at akhmatov.ru> said

> Hello.
>
> Suppose I want to port some python package that exists in the Python
> Package Index (PyPI) and has it's source code available on some official
> website or github.
>
> Is there any policy or recommended practice for choosing MASTER_SITES?
> Should I use "USE_GITHUB=yes" or "MASTER_SITES= CHEESESHOP" for such
> package?
>
> I've looked for the answer in Porters Handbook and at
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Python/PortsPolicy but haven't found it.
While this isn't the definitive answer. It may be of additional help.
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk
holds the *current* list of "default" sites for many of the common
locations for things not specific to just one port.

HTH

--Chris