Procmail Vulnerabilities check

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Sun Dec 10 21:54:59 UTC 2017

> On 8 Dec, 2017, at 20:11, Chris H <bsd-lists at bsdforge.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 02:59:28 +0100 "Kurt Jaeger" <lists at opsec.eu> said
>
>> Hi!
>> > Hmm. This does not come as good news to me. I've been working on an
>> antispam
>> > system that targets the use of Sendmail,
>> If sendmail is available via ports, wouldn't that be enough ?
> Thanks for the reply, Kurt.
> Perhaps. Haven't tried it yet (means even more work). :(
> But hopefully.
> I thought all my work would have been more valuable, given that Sendmail
> was installed by default in FreeBSD. Disappointing, but perhaps still
> doable.
> Time will tell.

Hi Chris,

I’d argue that if your work loses value if sendmail is removed from base
(suggesting that users wouldn’t choose sendmail when given an option from
ports), then that suggests that sendmail isn’t the right thing to include
in base. Base should ship with the thing that we expect the majority of
users to WANT to choose.

Clearly there are many users who still prefer sendmail. Your work still has
value!

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger