Working on FLAVOR support in portmaster

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Sun Dec 10 17:47:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 02:23:10 -0800
"Chris H" <bsd-lists at BSDforge.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:25:17 +0100 "Matthieu Volat" <mazhe at alkumuna.eu> said
>
> > On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:18:28 +0100
> > Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > > 14:54:27

> > > admins

> > > territory?
> > > >

> > > The official maintainer is tz@ for now, he just handed the maintainership to
> > > se@
> > >
> > > As for push access for now, only git-admin (which I am part of) and bdrewery
> > > (who use to maintain portmaster) have access. I'll be glad to give push acces
> > > more people.
> > >
> > > For now I have pushed patches from Stefan in the repo (not the flavor
> > > support
> > > but the preliminary to it)
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Bapt
> >

> > Would it be possible to have some page to track/show the changes/progress to
> > the code? For some times, we had a lot of "i'm working on it but behind
> > closed doors".
> >
> > For that kind of tools, it would be nice to see the process of upgrading
> > portmaster (or any other tool for that matter) and get a bit more familiar
> > with the code.
> >
> > Even a wip branch would be great to involve more people, and that way, people
> > would be a bit less in the dark, but that is just my 2 cents...
>
> Doesn't the GitHub activity graphs, diffs, and commit logs already provide
> this information? Or have I just misunderstood the question?

They do... but only if you commit and push something (even if it's only a personnal clone). If you just keep the changes on your computer, there's nothing.

As much as I am defiant of github on certain aspects, I've found in quite some occasion the discussion/comment system around pull requests quite nice.

Regards,

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>