The ports@ list is now subscriber-post only

Tilman Keskinöz arved at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 9 23:13:27 UTC 2017

On 12/09/2017 17:27, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> to subscribe to the list before posting. This brings us two important
> benefits:
>
> * This should cut back tremendously on spam coming through the list.

I must be living in a parallel universe, checking
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2017-December/thread.html
there has been one (1) spam message getting through so far this month.
That's a really tremendous amount of spam.

> * Users are more likely to find better answers to their questions: The
> first three times a question is asked, it gets detailed replies. The
> fourth through nth times usually get a one sentence reply.

Is a moderator ensuring that messages from unsubscribed users, who just
sent a mail to the maintainer of an unmaintained port get through?

Otherwise we will probably miss a lot of bug reports from Users who
don't bother to subscribe.