Odd index issue with misc/compat ports

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 20:38:30 UTC 2017

Since the day FLAVORS appeared, I have had an odd issue with the compatible
library ports. Specificaly, they have been missing from the downloadable
INDEX. If I build the index myself (make index), all is well, but I
normally download the index from a cron job right after I update my ports
tree with svn (make fetchindex). When I check for updated ports and other
issues, I see the compat ports as "orphaned".
# pkg version -vL=
compat10x-amd64-10.3.1003000.20170608 ?   orphaned: misc/compat10x
compat9x-amd64-9.3.903000.20170608 ?   orphaned: misc/compat9x

The ports are still in the repository and in my ports tree, but seem to be
missing from the regularly generated INDEX. I have confirmed that they are
missing from the downloaded file.

I can't see how this could be unique to me, but I have seen no other
reports. I something messed up or is the INDEX somehow missing them? Did
something about changes made to support FLAVORS trigger this or is it just
c coincidence that the problem appeared that day?
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com