Procmail Vulnerabilities check

Chris H bsd-lists at BSDforge.com
Sat Dec 9 00:33:10 UTC 2017

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:16:54 +1100 (EST) "Dave Horsfall" <dave at horsfall.org> said

> On Fri, 8 Dec 2017, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > First, there is movement afoot to remove sendmail from FreeBSD and
> > replace it with dma(1).
>
> There is?  Is there anything else that they're going to spring on us?
>
> (I'm still annoyed that they removed "jive" because it upset someone's
> delicate sensibilities.)
Hmm. This does not come as good news to me. I've been working on an antispam
system that targets the use of Sendmail, for about a year (not counting the
untold hours spent tuning it over the years). Sure, many aren't comfortable
with the m4(1) macros. But c'mon. Please don't.
As to these backstage removal discussions; is it remotely possible that
those of whom continue to use, and contribute to *BSD after all these years
might be included in these discussions?
I understand the tantrums, and bikeshedding that's occurred in the past,
revolving around these types of discussion(s). But may I humbly suggest that it
may be largely in part, because these decisions were simply *sprung* on
everyone? Which is bound to insight some degree of panic in some, or perhaps
even many.

--Chris