make reinstall does not work

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 23:22:36 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> [rearranged]
>
> On Friday,  8 December 2017 at 23:42:40 +0100, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:
> >> On Dec 8, 2017, at 22:35, Walter Schwarzenfeld <
> w.schwarzenfeld at utanet.at> wrote:
> >>
> >> I had a strange error: Make reinstall does not work anymore in the port
> (10.3-amd64) also FORCE_PKG_REGISTER.
> >>
> >> All other make commands works fine. I don't know if it is related to
> FLAVORS.
> >>
> >> make reinstall ended up e.g. with:
> >>
> >>  Registering installation for gtk2-2.24.31
> >> *** Error code 70
> >>
> >> Stop.
> >
> > When I see this Error code 70 I do a make deinstall and then a make
> > install. That worked for me
>
> Yes, I've seen this too and used the same workaround.
>
> Has something changed?  Does 'make reinstall' still work for others?
>
> Greg

I regularly use 'make reinstall'  and it still worked yesterday.

# cd /usr/ports/devel/py-setuptool
# make FLAVOR=py27
# make FLAVOR=py27 deinstall
# make FLAVOR=py27 reinstall
# make FLAVOR=py27 clean

I am doing this for all flavored ports until portmaster is updated or I
switch to another tool. Has not cause any issues to this point and
portmaster still works for unflavored ports.
N.B. If you use the quarterly branch, FLAVORS are not there yet, so don't
try using them. FLAVORS are only in head at this time. There seeems some
confusion about this in some queries.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com