Updating ports that use FLAVOR with portmaster

Chris H bsd-lists at BSDforge.com
Fri Dec 8 21:45:27 UTC 2017

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 15:14:11 -0600 "Paul Schmehl" <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> said

> --On December 8, 2017 at 12:49:44 PM -0800 Freddie Cash <fjwcash at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > How do you do this? I have a number of py ports that need to be updated,
> > but portmaster chokes on them. I don't see anything about FLAVOR in the
> > man page. Do we actually have to update all these ports manually, one at
> > a time?
> >

> > ​You wait patiently while portmaster is updated to support FLAVORs.
> > The work is in progress, although there is no ETA on when it will be
> > ready for testing.
> >

> > If you can't wait, then you can look into poudriere or synth.  They both
> > support FLAVOR already.
> >

> > Or, do manual "pkg remove; make install" for each one.
>
> As my second post shows, I can't make FLAVOR=py27 install either. So, I
> guess I'm dead in the water. Until I can install py-setuptools, nothing
> else will work, including devel/llvm40.
>
> It doesn't appear that pkg recognized FLAVOR either.
I believe that pkg(8) version 1.10.3 will give it to you.
What revision of ports are you currently using?

--Chris