FreeBSD Port: php72-7.2.0 : trouble with lang/php72 & libargon2

Torsten Zuehlsdorff tz at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 8 12:33:57 UTC 2017

Aloha,

> 1. In the worst case (when built on remote poudriere) php72 crashes when
> using the PASSWORD_ARGON2I algo for password_hash. pkg check
> --dependencies reports problem.
>
> 2. On a separate machine. When building from local ports,
> password_hash(...PASSWORD_ARGON2I) works but pkg check --dependencies
> still reports problem.
>
> 3. On yet another machine, installing "latest" packages from central
> FreeBSD repo, it behaves exactly like the install from ports.
>
> All machined are fully upgraded FBSD 11.1
> [..] > Can anyone shed any light?

Yes :)

I took a look at it. When changing the configure instructions for
libargon2 and compiling it again, i got the following error:

Error: /usr/local/bin/php is linked to /usr/local/lib/libargon2.so which
does not have a SONAME.  security/libargon2 needs to be fixed.

I would say that this is the cause of the problem. So at first
Christopher - the maintainer of libargon2 - needs to fix libargon. Than
i can fix PHP. :)

Greetings,
Torsten
--