Flavors *COMPLETELY* break the port system (synth and poudriere are useless)

Chris H bsd-lists at BSDforge.com
Thu Dec 7 17:00:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:33:08 +0100 "Lars Engels" <lars.engels at 0x20.net> said

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 02:14:44PM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Sometimes I want to add some port which was not built with poudriere
> > directly compiling it on the target laptops and now, ofc, this
> > compilation is missing some other packages the concrete port is
> > depending on and it tries to build them too, even if they are already as
> > built package in my local repo. If I'm not lazy, I watch the building
> > and when it goes to look in Internet for some additional source to
> > build, I interrupt the 'make install' and look if I could install it from
> > the local repo. Boring. Can I direct the make process to look on the
> > flight into the local repo to satisfy the needs of the compilation of
> > the port?
>
> You can in the port's directory you can run "pkg install -A `make missing`.
> That should install missing dependencies as packages. Sometimes there
> are no packages for a dependecy then you can skip those:
> "pkg install -A `make missing | grep -v -e fooport -e barport`

and in case you haven't already done so;
you'll also want to adjust pkg.conf(5) to point to your local repo.

--Chris