Flavors *COMPLETELY* break the port system (synth and poudriere are useless)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Dec 7 13:14:50 UTC 2017

El día jueves, diciembre 07, 2017 a las 01:40:28p. m. +0100, Jan Beich escribió:

> Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Can poudriere prefetch packages too?
>
> No until https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/319 is fixed.

I have a question which points in some similar direction: I have built
my ports with poudriere, which results in some 2000 packages. I copy over
this repos to my other laptops and netbooks for installation. In
addition I have on the target laptops the exact same SVN revision of
/usr/ports as in the poudriere jail where the packages have been built.
All fine until here.

Sometimes I want to add some port which was not built with poudriere
directly compiling it on the target laptops and now, ofc, this
compilation is missing some other packages the concrete port is
depending on and it tries to build them too, even if they are already as
built package in my local repo. If I'm not lazy, I watch the building
and when it goes to look in Internet for some additional source to
build, I interrupt the 'make install' and look if I could install it from
the local repo. Boring. Can I direct the make process to look on the
flight into the local repo to satisfy the needs of the compilation of
the port?

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  📱 +49-176-38902045