tomcat8 and UTF-8 filenames

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Wed Dec 6 14:09:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am running airsonic:
[https://github.com/airsonic/airsonic]

...as tomcat8 application. In order for it to read UTF-8 filenames
correctly, I have added "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8" directly to
rc.d/tomcat8 startup script, as instructed here:
http://thomas.quinot.org/labnotes/blog/2015/07/30/subsonic/

This works, but I'm getting warnings in my daily security output
regarding package with mismatched checksum:

Checking for packages with mismatched checksums:
tomcat8-8.0.46: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat8

I also keep forgetting about this on tomcat8 updates, so tomcat8's rc
startup script gets overwritten.

Is there a better way to make tomcat8 applications read UTF-8
filenames? Should I change login.conf LANG for root class? Or something
else?

Thank you in advance,
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/