Welcome flavors! portmaster now dead? synth?

Jaap Akkerhuis jaapna at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 6 13:29:47 UTC 2017

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 14:01, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Bryan Drewery <bryan-lists at shatow.net> wrote:
>>
>> I plan to look at portupgrade + FLAVORS support in the next few weeks as
>> well.
>>

> Very, very much appreciated!

Yes, same here.

My experience thus far is that the current version "just works"
most of the time.  Sometimes I get an "error 70" or something like
that but going into the port directory itself and doing a "make
deinstall" followed by a "make install" get rid of these problems.
For python things, a "make FLAVOR=py27" seems needed.  All in all,
I haven't seen any reason to abandon FreeBSD and am patient enough
to wait for a fixed portmaster.

Regards,

	jaap