Flavors *COMPLETELY* break the port system (synth and poudriere are useless)

Greg Byshenk freebsd at byshenk.net
Wed Dec 6 10:26:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 05:25:13PM -0500, Baho Utot wrote:

> Thank you for taking a perfectly good system and breaking it as well as
> making it unusable, unstable.  You just don't know of all the countless
> hours spent after running an update and taking a week to get it working
> again.

Though I am only a user, I will add that, while the old system
may have been "perfectly good" for some use cases, the absence
of 'flvors' (or something similar) made the ports system at
least very difficult to use (if not, perhaps, completely
"unusable") for others.

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL