Last flavorless revision?

George Mitchell george at m5p.com
Tue Dec 5 13:43:16 UTC 2017

On 12/05/17 03:13, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Le 04/12/2017 à 18:33, Steve Kargl a écrit :
>> [...]
>> This does not document the change in ports/UPDATING.  FreeBSD
>> users have been told to check {src/ports}/UPDATING for 20+
>> years.  A change that fundamentally changes the way users
>> interact with ports/ should document.
>

> This did not change anything for the users, so there was nothing in
> UPDATING.
I think there is some cognitive dissonance here on who the users are.
I would be astonished if any end user of a FreeBSD system had ever
read the contents of /usr/ports/UPDATING except for the system
administrator, and administrators are definitely affected (to say
the least).                                               -- George