devel/scons port fails to build, please contact maintainer

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Mon Dec 4 20:52:24 UTC 2017

Are you using poudriere 3.2?

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

On 12/4/17, 2:48 PM, "Koen Martens" <owner-freebsd-ports at freebsd.org on behalf of gmc at sonologic.nl> wrote:

    Hi,

    I'm cross-compiling packages for the raspberry pi using poudriere.
    However, as of a few days ago I get a number of errors:

    [00:00:10] ====>> Error: databases/py-pymysql depends on nonexistent origin 'devel/py-setuptools at py27'; Please contact maintainer of the port to fix this.
    [00:00:26] ====>> Error: devel/scons depends on nonexistent origin 'devel/py-setuptools at py27'; Please contact maintainer of the port to fix this.
    [00:01:02] ====>> Error: net/samba44 depends on nonexistent origin 'devel/py-iso8601 at py27'; Please contact maintainer of the port to fix this.
    [00:01:09] ====>> Error: Fatal errors encountered calculating dependencies

    The error asks me to please contact the maintainer of the port to fix
    it, which I do with this email.

    Hope you know what to do about this. I think it has to do with a recent
    change I saw listed in UPDATING:

    20171130:
      AFFECTS: */py*
      AUTHOR: mat at FreeBSD.org

      Ports using Python via USES=python are now flavored.  All the py3-*
    ports
      have been removed and folded into their py-* master ports.

      People using Poudriere 3.2+ and binary packages do not have to do
    anything.

      For other people, to build the Python 3.6 version of, for example,
      databases/py-gdbm, you need to run:

        # make FLAVOR=py36 install

    This error breaks the entire build, so currently poudriere fails to
    build *any* port, even those not depending on the offending packages.

    Cheers,

    Koen Martens