Welcome flavors! portmaster now dead? synth?

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Sun Dec 3 22:33:29 UTC 2017

Adam Weinberger wrote:

> You seem very angry about things breaking in HEAD, Baho. Things break in HEAD sometimes. This is why we recommend that end-users who can't have breakages, or users who depend on undeveloped tools, stay on the quarterly branch. Portmaster works perfectly on quarterly. Always has.

Quarterly is just a frozen HEAD with no/minute chances of security
patches or other changes... why would you want to be there?  I couldn't
even get someone to patch a security issue before the pkg_*->pkgng
change..  was patched 4 days later despite having the patch in the bug
before... and despite asking for the patch to be put in the quarterly
they didn't either.  One continues to watch the exodus.

Michelle