building blender 2.79 fails because of python dependencies

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Sun Dec 3 01:21:25 UTC 2017

On 30/11/2017 21:05, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:25 PM, blubee blubeeme <gurenchan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here's a build log:
>>
>> running install_scripts
>> ===>   blender-2.79_2 depends on shared library: libOpenColorIO.so - not
>> found
>> ===>  opencolorio-1.0.9_3 needs Python 2.7 at most, but 3.5 was specified.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop.
>> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/graphics/opencolorio
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop.
>>

> I solved this problem by deselecting the opencolorio, openimageio and
> cycles options.
>
> But this error does bring up an error that I'm currently dealing with
> somewhere else.
>
> A project that uses multiple versions of python often fail to build with an
> error similar to this one above:
> ===>  opencolorio-1.0.9_3 needs Python 2.7 at most, but 3.5 was specified.
> *** Error code 1
>
> How do you porters work with projects that needs multiple versions of
> python to build?

blender should build with cycles openimageio and opencolorio enabled.
Can you build and install openimageio and then build blender?

A recent change added python flavors, we can now use make FLAVOR=py35 to
build a python module for python 3.5 instead of the default 2.7

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/FlavorsTools

My guess is it is related to the python flavors change, either it is a
glitch that has since been fixed or a config you have is effecting it as
I can't find a way to get the error.

Check your make.conf
Do you have PYTHON_VERSION set? it shouldn't be used any more
Do you have DEFAULT_VERSIONS= python=3.5

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler