details of beefy12 poudriere jail pkg build environments

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Fri Dec 1 19:10:14 UTC 2017

On 01/12/17 18:46, Jan Beich wrote:
> Only builds from "Type: package" are uploaded to pkg.freebsd.org.
> Packages are built on the *oldest* supported release for a given branch.
> Until a day ago packages for 11.* were built on 11.0 which has Clang 3.8
> in base. The next build should happen on 11.1 which has Clang 4.0.
>
> Probably not. pkg doesn't seem to track ABI of minor FreeBSD releases.

Learnt a few things. Right, so moral of the story:

a) Wait a day (Manjana !!)  OR

b) Run a poudriere myself OR

c) Don't make major compiler version changes between minor OS versions ;) OR

d) don't run software (node.js), which needs updating before the compile
has even finished ;-)

I might opt for b), so I can get on top of "php-flavours" as well.  (see
related thread here right now).

Many thanks

--
Oliver Schönrock