details of beefy12 poudriere jail pkg build environments

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Fri Dec 1 18:23:18 UTC 2017

On 01/12/17 17:54, Jan Beich wrote:
> Why do you use 12.0-CURRENT packages on 11.1-RELEASE?
>
> http://beefy12.nyi.freebsd.org/data/head-amd64-default/p455158_s326378/logs/node8-8.9.1_1.log
> contains 'llvm_version': '5.0',
>
> http://beefy9.nyi.freebsd.org/data/110amd64-default/455158/logs/node8-8.9.1_1.log
> contains 'llvm_version': '3.8',

Sorry, I am not, that was just my inept attempt at trying to find the
server which built the package I got by just doing

pkg install node8

on a virgin 11.1-RELEASE system. The only relevant change I made to that
system is:

$ cat /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest"
}

I am not familiar with the intricacies of how the relevant package is
selected. Looking at this page again:

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/

If I use a better filter:

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds?jailname=110amd64&all=1

Then yes, the most recent one of those is the one you linked to. (Not
sure how you got from there to the link for the actual package, which
nicely give the info I wanted, ie it's clang=3.8).

If I filter by 11.1:

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds?jailname=111amd64&all=1

I get no "latest" builds, only quarterly. And if I remove my local
"latest" override and reinstall, it still breaks (probably because it's
still selection an 11.0 biuld, but could be because quarterly was before
the "fix").

Is there any way I can tell my local pkg to install only from repos
which have been built under 11.1 , eg:

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds/qat:default:111amd64:455158:package21

Thanks

-