ports do not build anymore due to python version issues issues

O. Hartmann ohartmann at walstatt.org
Fri Dec 1 12:22:19 UTC 2017

Just updatet the ports tree to r455280.

No python depending port is building anymore.

According to
/usr/ports/UPDATING, tag 20171130, some has to do "make FLAVOUR=pyXX" for a certain port.
This weird text also states, that poudriere >3.2.X users also do not have to worry.

First: running recent poudriere 3.2.2 gives me simply
[00:01:18] Calculating ports order and dependencies
[00:01:19] Error: compute_deps_pkg failed to lookup pkgname for devel/py-iso8601@
processing package samba46-4.6.11 from net/samba46 -- Does devel/py-iso8601 provide the
'' FLAVOR?

among several other errors, poudriere dies.

Updating the hosts ports via portmaster also fails, as stated.

According to the information-rich UPDATING entry, I have to put "make FLAVOUR=xxx
install" to EACH port? Or is it only for those ports where the user has a choice? Or is
this general? What?

Just in case it can be selected globally (where is the explanation/info whether it can or
not?), does it imply ancient py27 is now out and a more modern python3 is the standard?

I'm confused.

Kind regards,

Oliver
--
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten für
Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).