I went to install 11.1 yesterday

scratch65535 at att.net scratch65535 at att.net
Sun Aug 20 16:19:02 UTC 2017

You're right, it was half my mistake.

This motherboard's bios has a switch for EFI, legacy, and both.
The factory setting was both, and, after defaulting to EFI, the
installer evidently  didn't know how to back up and try again
when it found an MBR partition.  I'll report the bug.

I may have to have another go at Ubuntu -- perhaps it didn't know
how to back up either.

Thanks for the tipoff!

[Default] On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 12:05:29 +0000, Manish Jain