devel/git fails to install due to pkg-plist disparity

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Fri Aug 11 06:57:31 UTC 2017

Trying to install devel/git on FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE amd64 failed due to two files in pkg-plist not being found.

I checked the distfiles (tar tvf) and still didn't find the two files.

I was able to edit pkg-plist to remove the two offending lines, saving the official version as pkg-plist.orig.

Then I was successful installing devel/git 2.14.1.

What made me anxious was trying to cross-compile Haiku (haiku-os.org) from FreeBSD, and compilation apparently requires git to verify the tags.

This is a rather new installation (FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE), hance I had no previous installation of git.

===>  Installing for git-2.14.1
===>  Checking if git already installed
===>   Registering installation for git-2.14.1
pkg-static: Unable to access file /BETA1/usr/ports/devel/git/work11/stage/usr/local/share/doc/git/technical/api-hashmap.html:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /BETA1/usr/ports/devel/git/work11/stage/usr/local/share/doc/git/technical/api-hashmap.txt:No such file or directory
*** Error code 74

Distfiles in question were

-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    4791876 Aug 10 17:57 git-2.14.1.tar.xz
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    1115176 Aug 10 17:57 git-htmldocs-2.14.1.tar.xz
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel     410400 Aug 10 17:58 git-manpages-2.14.1.tar.xz

Tom